Safety Bolts are specialty fasteners with a built-in visual indicator that shows the tension developed as the bolt is installed.
The Safety Bolt tension indicating bolts continuously measure and displays tension information. From loose to tight and back again, the system is reliable and repeatable through countless cycles of operation. The indicator gradually darkens from bright red to black as the fastener is sufficiently tensioned.
Safety Bolts are compatible with a wide range of fastener types, and can be adapted to fasteners of nearly every possible tension specification, grade, finish, and coating. They are ideal as excavator bolts or slew bearing bolts.
Knowing at a glance it’s tight with Safety Bolt eliminates any uncertainty when ensuring the integrity of your critical bolted joints.
HOW DO THE SAFETY BOLTS WORK
The indicator works on the most accurate principle for tension measurement – actual fastener elongation under load. As the bolt is stretched elastically, the minute displacement of the gage pin allows the micro indicator to produce a continuous and completely reversible color change.
THE BENEFITS OF SAFETY BOLTS
- Safety - Knowing at a glance it’s tight enables you to visually maintain and safely assess all critical joints.
- Save on Design - We can work with you on your product design.
- Save on Installation - Safety Bolts eliminate the need for special tooling during installation.
- Simply tighten the bolt using the visual indication tool until the correct color is displayed – job done.
- Save on Maintenance - Simply visually check the bolts and where needed, address those requiring attention.
- Safety Bolts can reduce maintenance time by ensuring uptime and productivity.
Our teams and equipment are available across Australia, the US, and Canada. Simply fill out the contact form below to request a presentation to your maintenance team about Safety Bolts: