AustChrome offers customers a comprehensive and unparalleled range of reclamation and reconditioning technologies including chrome plating, hydraulic cylinder overhauls, machining services and thermal spray coating services.
It’s the only business in Central Queensland with the capacity and expertise to undertake chrome plating and high velocity oxygen fuel (HVOF) coatings on very large components, but we will happily also service clients from across Western Australia, New South Wales, and the Northern Territory.
AustChrome maintains ISO 9001 certification for quality management and lean manufacturing principles in place, which underpin our entire approach of being efficient and effective in everything we do.
AustChrome’s Hydraulic Engineering Services Division provides the following services:
- Disassemble and assemble of cylinder groups
- Pressure testing cylinder groups and second stage hoists
- Supply of custom seals & resealing cylinders
- Cylinder honing
- Cylinder and rod eye reclamation
- Resurfacing of rods using hard chrome, HVOF or laser coatings
- Cylindrical grinding
- Cylinder boring
- General machining
- Cylinder head reclamation
- Manufacture new heads, glands, pistons, etc.
- Manufacture complete cylinder groups
- Quill tube replacements
- Plasma Transfer Arc Welding (PTAW)
- Crack testing of rods, cylinders and other components (Independent NATA certified crack testing can be provided if required)
Our chrome plating workshop is one of the most modern and environmentally friendly chrome plating centres in Australia, utilising a zero discharge recovery system.
Our chrome tanks can handle a wide range of hydraulic cylinder rods, shafts, and suspension type componentry, particularly relevant for the mobile mining equipment sector.
AustChrome provides comprehensive, large capacity turning, horizontal boring,
vertical boring and milling services including new high quality computer numerical
control (CNC) machines.
AustChrome is the only business in Central Queensland that offers high velocity oxygen fuel (HVOF). Other thermal spray coating services include arc spray, and plasma transferred arc (PTA) coatings. Thermal spray coatings can be used for cost saving repairs and extending component life on an extensive range of componentry for the mining, agricultural, sugar and marine industries.
For expert advice and service, simply fill out the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you: